To create a Content topic using the HTML editor:
1. In the menu on the left,under Table of Contents, click the module where you want to create the topic.
2. Click the Upload/Create button
3. Select Create a File.
4. .Enter the Title of the new topic.
5. (Optional) If you already have an HTML file loaded in your D2L site that you'd like to use as a template, you can click the Browse for a Template button. The text of the file will copy into the HTML Editor for you to use.
6. Use the HTML editor to enter the desired information. The HTML editor allows you to enter text, images, media, tables, lists, links and more.
7. (Optional) Upon creating a new HTML file D2L will automatically save it to the root of the Manage Files area of your course. If you would like to save the file to a specific folder in Manage Files instead click the Change Path button to select a location.
8. Once you are done, you have two options:
- Click the Publish button to make the file available immediately
- Click Save as Draft if you still need to make changes to the document before it is visible to participants