To create a Content topic using a URL/web address:
1. In Table of Contents, click on the topic where you would like to place the link topic
2. Click the Upload/Create button
3. Select Create a Link.
5. Enter the URL, or web address, to the site you'd like to link to.
Tip: By default, D2L enters a starting point of http://. If you are copying and pasting the URL you will need to delete the http:// that is already there.
6. Optional: Check the box to the left of Open as External Resource if you want the link to open outside of D2L. If checked D2L will not track user progress.
Important: You must check this box if the website you are linking to begins with https:///
7. Click the blue Create button.