To create a new Submission folder:
1. Click the New Submission Folder button located near the top of the screen.
Tip: Creating a new submission folder may seem daunting because there are so many different options that can be set. To get your folder up and running and ready for participants to use, you only need to name the folder.
The information listed below is the basic information of the folder. If you've filled out this information, your course participants should have all of the information they need to complete the activity.
2. Enter the Name of the assignment.
3. Select whether this will be an individual or a group assignment. If selecting a group assignment you will also need to specify the group category you would like to attach to this submission folder. For more information about using Groups in D2L, you can visit our Groups help pages.
4. Select or create a new Category for the folder. Most instructors choose to use Assignment categories only if they will have several different assignments of the same type (e.g.: Weekly Writing Assignments, Lab Reports, Book Reviews, etc.)
5. If you are linking this Assignment to the gradebook, select the corresponding gradebook item from the down arrow under Grade Item. Enter a numeric value in the Out Of field that matches the point value assigned to the assignment in the gradebook.
6. Enter the assignment's Instructions.
7. ePortfolio Artifactsenables users to add their folder submissions and feedback to their ePortfolio. This is enabled by default; uncheck this option if you want to prohibit it for this folder.
8. Under Attached Files you may choose to Add a File, Record Audio, and/or Record Video.
9. (Optional) Enter your email address here if you would like to be notified when someone submits an assignment to this folder.
10. Click one of the Save options at the bottom of the screen to save your changes:
- Save and Close: Returns you to the submission folders list.
- Save and New: Allows you to begin creating a new submission folder.
- Save: Saves any changes and stays on the same screen.
Please Note: Once you've set up the basics of your Submission folder, you can turn your attention to Availability Restrictions, Grading Options, Submission Options, and Originality Check Options. You can find more information about these options and settings at the links in the menu on the left side of this screen.