To create a Discussion Forum:
Within the New Forum window complete the following fields:
2. Type the Forum name in the Title field.
3. Optional: Type a description within the Description field.
4. Optional: Within the Options area you can:
- Control whether course participants can post anonymous messages
- Choose whether a member of the instructional team must approve all mesages before they are posted to the Discussion
- Select whether course participants are required to make an original post before they can read and reply to other posts
- Select if you want to display the forum's description in addition to the topic description, when viewing the topic.
Please Note: The Options available in the New Forum page are identical to those on the Creating New Topics help page. If every topic within the Forum should follow the specified rules, set the options at the Forum level. If the selected options only apply to some of the topics within a Forum, set the rules at the Topic level(s) instead.
5. To set Availability, visit the help page on Setting Availability & Locking Options.
6. Locking Options, visit the help page on Setting Availability & Locking Options.
7. If you would like to begin building Discussion Topics within this forum click the Save and Add Topic button, otherwise click the Save and Close button to return to the Discussions tool.