The following covers the basic properties of creating a quiz. To ensure that the entire quiz is configured correctly, it is important to visit all tabs of the quiz. For more information about the settings on these tabs, visit the help pages associated with each tab.
To create a new quiz, click the New Quiz button.
2. (Optional) You may choose to categorize the quiz. Use the Category drop down menu to select an existing quiz category or use the add category link to create a new one.
3. Click the Add/Edit Questions button to add questions to your quiz. For more information on adding questions to your quiz visit the Add/Edit Questions help page.
Here is where they appear when students access a quiz through the Contents tool. For more on making Quizzes accessible in the content, visit this Help Page.
If you select the "on" options, the Description field additionally appears at the top of the start quiz page (the page displayed to participants containing the Start Quiz button) and the Introduction field appears in the middle of the start quiz page (the page displayed to participants containing the Start Quiz button).
5. (Optional) You may set a Page Header and/or Page Footer for your quiz if you choose. To view these options, you may need to click the Expand page header/footer link. Page headers and footers appear at the top and/or bottom of every page of the quiz.
Important: If using a page header/footer, make sure that you switch them on by selecting On after entering the desired information.
- Allow hints: enables participants to see question hints for any questions that hints have been created for
- Disable right click: prevents participants from right clicking in a quiz window, inhibiting (but not completely eliminating) the participants' ability to cheat by limiting their options
- Disable pager and alerts: prevents participants from viewing alerts while taking a quiz
Important: Selecting this option will impact participants throughout all of D2L. Participants will not be able to receive any alerts from any course they are enrolled in until they have submitted their quiz attempt.
- Notification Email: allows you to receive email notifications each time a participant completes the quiz (use enter comma-separated email addresses if the notification email should be sent to more than one email address)
7. Click one of the Save options at the bottom of the screen to save your changes:
- Save and Close: Returns you to the Manage Quizzes screen.
- Save: Saves and changes and stays on the same screen.