To create a new Checklist:
1. Click the New Checklist button.
2. On the New Checklist page, enter the name of the new checklist in the Name field.
3. Optional: Enter a Description to identify what the checklist contains. Students will see this description.
4. Optional: Select Open this checklist in a new window when viewed if you want the checklist to open in a new window when users access it. By default, checklist open in the current window.
5. Click Save to save the new checklist. This brings you to the Edit Checklist page.
Create a category
Every checklist item must be associated with a category. If you don't have any categories yet built, you can build category in the process of creating a checklist.
6. On the Edit Checklist page, click the New Category.
7. On the New Category page, enter a Name.
8. Optional: Enter a Description for the new category. Students will see this description.
9. Click Save to save the new category or Save and New to save it and create another one.
Create an item
10. On the Edit Checklist page, click New Item.
11. Each Item you create must belong to a category. On the New Item page, do one of the following: Select a category for the item in the Category drop-down list or click the New Category link to add a new category.
12. Enter a Name.
13. Optional: Enter a Description for the new item. Students will see this description.
14. Set a due date by selecting the Due Date check box and selecting the appropriate date and time from the drop-down list.
15. Select Display in Calendar to make the item visible in the calendar for students.
16. Click Save to save the new item or Save and New to save it and create another one.