Text grade items can be used to provide comments in the grade book. Text grade items are NOT included in the Final Grade calculations. To create a Text grade item:
Important: In order for participants to see what "comments" you enter for them you must allow students to view the Grade scheme symbol for ALL grade items in the grade book. This is done under Grades Settings, Class Display Options.
1. Make sure you're in Manage Grades. Manage Grades is the default landing page in the Grades tool, but you can change this preference in Personal Display Options.
2. Click the New button and select Item.
3. Select Text from the list of available Grade item types.
5. Enter a Short Name for the Grade Item if you'd like. The Short Name is only visible to members of the Teaching Team with access to the grade book.
6. Enter a Description if you'd like to share additional information about the Grade Item. By default, the Description field is collapsed, so you may need to click Show Description to expand it.
7. Click the Add Rubric button to attach a Rubric to the Grade Item. It is recommend that you create the Rubric first in the Rubrics tool.
8. Override the grade book's set Display Options by checking the box next to the display option(s) you'd like the Grade Item to have. By default, Display Options is collapsed, so you may need to click Show Display Options to expand it. You can review the grade book's display options by going to Class Display Options.
9. Click one of the Save options at the bottom of the screen to save your changes:
- Save and Close: Saves any changes and returns you to the Manage Grades screen.
- Save and New: Saves any changes and allows you to begin creating a new grade item/category.
- Save: Saves any changes and stays on the same screen.