You can insert exisiting Panopto videos directly into an html page in content by using the Insert Stuff tool in the html editor as well as record and insert a Panopto video directly in an html page.
Insert an Existing Video into Content
To provide the easiest access to Panopto Videos insert the video in an HTML page. You can insert more than one video on an HTML page, but if you insert too many the page will load very slowly. Best practice is to limit the number of Panopto videos on a page to no more than 3.
1. Within a module in Content, create a new HTML file
2. Enter a title for the HTML
3. Click on page and click on the Insert Stuff button.(click here for instructions on how to record a Panopto video)
4. Select Panopto from the list of options on the left side of the page.
5. Select the Panopto video you would like to embed by clicking the check box to the left of the video
6. Click on the Insert button
Please Note: You can only select one video at at time. If you want to insert more than one on a page you will need to go through the steps again for each additional video.
7. You now have a preview of the embedded video. Click Publish to finish.
Recording and Inserting a Panopto video into Content
Follow steps 1 - 3 above under Insert an Existing Video in Content.. This will get you to the Panopto interface.
1. Click on Record tab
2. Enter the name of the recording
3. Click on the Record button. A box should pop up asking you if you want to launch Panopto Recorder, click on Panopto Recorder and click on the open link button
Note: If you do not have the Panopto recorder installed, you will need to download it and install if before you can record.
4. When the Launch Application window pops up click on Panopto Recorder
5. Click Open link to launch the recorder
The Panopto Recorder launches
6. Select whether you want to record audio and or video
7. Select which screen(s) and or if you are capturing a Powerpoint Presentation
8. Click on the Record button
9. Clilck on the Stop Button
10. Click on the Upload button
11. The next screen shows the progress of uploading and processing the video. You can close this window at atny time by clicking on the X in the top right corner
12. Click on the Insert button
13, Click on the Insert button one more time.
14. Click on the Publish button as the final step.
The video may still be processing depending on the length. When the video is finished processing there will be a play button to begin playing the video imbedded in the HTML page