You can export a copy of your D2L course site to a ZIP file. To do this:
1. Go to the D2L course site you want to export materials from and click Course Admin.
2. Under the Site Resources category, click the Import/Export/Copy Components link.
3. Select Export Components. Be sure to leave the checkbox to the left of Include course files in the export package checked to include all course files in your export package.
4. Click the Start button.
5. Select the course materials you would like to export:
A. Select All Components: Place a check mark to the left of this option if you would like to export ALL course materials and activities.
B. Individual Course Tools - Export All: Place a check mark to the left of each course tool you would like to export. Leave the Export all items option selected if you would like to export all items within the selected tool.
C. Individual Course Tools - Select Items: Place a check mark to the left of each course tool you would like to export. Select Select individual items to export if you would like to pick and choose which items within the selected tool you would like to export.
6. Click the Continue button.
7. If you chose to export selected individual items within a tool, D2L will lead you through a series of screens (one for each tool selected) where you can make your selections. On each screen, make the desired selections then click the Continue button.
8. On the Confirm Components to Export screen, make sure to leave the checkbox next to Include course files in the export package selected, then click the Continue button.
9. Click the Finish button once the export has been processed.
10. Click the Click here to download the export Zip package link to download the ZIP file to your computer.
11. Click the blue Done button to return to the Import/Export/Copy Components screen, or click any other link to go to the desired tool in your D2L course navigation to go to that tool.
Important: Do NOT modify any of the XML files in the export package. Doing so may result in the files becoming corrupted and unusable.