To view Discussion Statistics for all Forums, Topics, and Participants:
1. Click the Statistics link.
From this page you have can view Discussion Statistics in one of the following ways:
- View Statistics by Course Participant
- View Statistics by Forum and Topic
- Export Statistics to CSV File
View Discussion Statistics by Course Participant
After clicking the Statistics link in step 1 above you will arrive at a page that allows you to view detailed statistics by User, Groups, or Sections. The options available on this page are as follows:
2. Search For: Use the search box to search for individuals by name. The Show Search Options link allows you to filter whether to search in First Name, Last Name, or both.
3. Course Participant Statistics: Click on the name of the individual to view their statistics for all Discussion Forums and Topics in your D2L course site.
View Statistics by Forum and Topic
You will arrive at the 'Users' page, to view by Forum and Topic do the following:
2. Click the Forums and Topics tab.
3. Click on the blue text of the Forum or Topic you would like to view statistics for.
You will be taken to a screen that allows you to see the statistics by participant for the specified Forum or Topic. This page has the following options:
4. Search For: Use the search box to search for individuals by name. The Show Search Options link allows you to filter whether to search in First Name, Last Name, or both.
5. Click the Close button when you have finished viewing the statistics for the specified Forum or Topic. This will return you to the list of Statics page listing all Forums and Topics. Repeat steps 3-6 as needed.
Export Statistics to CSV File
To export Discussion Statistics to a CSV File do the following:
Please Note: It doesn't matter whether you are on the Users tab or the Forums and Topics tab when you click the Export to CSV File button, as the CSV file will contain only statistics by Forum and Topic regardless of the tab you are on.
3. On the window that opens click the blue link to the CSV file to download it to your computer.
4. Click the Close button once you have downloaded the export file to your computer.