The Groups tool allows you to set up automatically restricted Discussion topics for your groups. To do this:
1. Go to the Discussions tool and create a Discussion forum. You must have at least one Discussion forum but you may set up as many as you like. You can visit our help page for Creating Forums here.
2. Return to the Groups tool by going to Course Admin and clicking on Groups.
3. Use the View Categories drop down menu to select the category of group(s) you'd like to set up Disccusions for.
4. Click the name of the Group Category you'd like to set up Discussions for.
6. Click the Save button.
7. Use the Forum drop down menu to select the Discussion forum you'd like to add group-restricted topics to. If you will only be adding group-restricted topics to a single Discussion forum, skip to step 10.
8. If you would like to add group-restricted topics to more than one Discussion forum, click the Add Another button.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 until you've selected all of the Discussion forums you'd like to add group-restricted topics to. When you reach the last Discussion forum, do NOT click the Add Another button. Instead, follow step 10.
10. Click the Create and Next button.