How to Request a D2L Course Site
1. Go to https://d2l.arizona.edu/CSR and log in using your UA NetID and password.
Please Note: To log into Course Site Request, you must be listed as a Primary Instructor in UAccess for at least one course. If you are not listed as a Primary Instructor in UAccess, you will need to contact your Department's UAccess Representative.
2. After logging in, you will arrive at the Welcome page. Ensure that the term you want to request your D2L course site(s) for is selected.
3. Optional: If you know the number of D2L course sites that you want to request, enter that number in the corresponding field. You can alter this number on the next page if you determine that you need more or less D2L course sites than you thought.
4. Click the Continue button when finished.
5. Looking at the courses and sections available to you in the left pane, determine whether the number of drag and drop fields in the right pane matches the number of D2L course sites you would like to request. If you need additional drag and drop fields click the Add Course Site button once for each drag and drop field you would like to add.
6. When building your D2L course sites you can opt to drag an entire course, including all of its sections, over to the course site drag and drop area, or you can drag individual sections from a course into a drag and drop area. The ability to drag sections individually is helpful if you have two or more sections of a course that appear together in the left pane and you would like them to exist in separate D2L course sites in the right pane. See the individual directions below for each approach:
Move an entire course, including all sections of that course, into a D2L course site: Left click and hold on the white handle to the left of the course title, then drag the course over the desired drag and drop field at the right. When the desired drag and drop field highlights orange let go of the left click to place the course.
Move a single section into a D2L course site: Left click and hold on the blue handle to the left of the desired section, then drag the section over the preferred drag and drop field at right. When the desired drag and drop field highlights orange let go of the left click to place the course.
If so, left click and hold on the blue handle to the left of the errant section, then either drag the section out of the drag and drop field and release to remove it, or drag the section into the desired drag and drop field and release when it turns orange to move the section to another D2L course site.
7. Confirm that the number of course sites being built and the sections included in each site are correct. If a change is required click Make Changes, then make any necessary adjustments to the configuration of the site and return to this page. When the sites are configured as desired, click Build.
8. Congratulations, you have successfully submitted your D2L course site request(s)! If you would like to review which sections were included in the site request(s) click the arrow to the right of each course to expand the included sections. To view the status of your D2L course site request and get started with working on your D2L course sites click the View/Edit Requested Sites link.
9. Within the View/Edit Requested Sites page you will see details for all of your D2L course site requests, including: the names of the D2L course sites (A), the sections included in each site (B), who requested each site (C), when the site was requested (D) and the status of the request (E). So long as the Status column (E) says "Built", clicking on the course site name (A) will take you directly to that course in D2L.
Tip: If you need to make changes to the configuration of your D2L course site(s) after they have been request, such as adding a section to a site, removing a section from a site,or moving a section from one D2L course site to another see our Editing Submitted Course Site Requests help page for information on how to do so.
- Instructors and Additional Members of the Teaching Team: Anyone listed as Primary Instructor in UAccess for a section connected to a D2L course site will be automatically added to the course site with the role of Instructor. Anyone with the role of Instructor can add additional members of the Teaching Team to the D2L course site using the instructions found on our Enrollments help page.
- Students: Students that are officially registered for a course in UAccess will be automatically enrolled in the corresponding D2L course site; students cannot be manually added to a D2L course site.