To import materials to your D2L course site:
1. Go to the D2L course site you want to import materials to and click Course Admin.
2. Under the Site Resources category, click the Import/Export/Copy Components link.
3. Select Import Components.
4. Click the Start button.
5. Drag the zip package you are importing to the drop area or click Upload to select the zip package from your computer.
6. You have two options at this point:
- Click Import All Components if you would like to import everything in the zip package, then continue with the Import All Components directions below.
- Click Advanced Options if you would prefer to select specific components to import, then continue to the Import Select Components directions below.
Import All Components
7. Click the Import All Components button.
8. Wait for the "Your course package was successfully imported!" text to appear. Click View Content if you would like to go to your course Content page, or click Import Another Package to return to the Import/Export/Copy Components page.
Import Select Components
7. The import package will go through a preprocessing sequence. When it has completed (indicated by the green checkmarks) click the Continue button.
8. Select the course materials you would like to import:
A. Select All Components: Place a check mark to the left of this option if you would like to import ALL course materials and activities.
B. Individual Course Tools - Import All Items: Place a check mark to the left of each course tool you would like to import. Leave the Import all items option selected if you would like to import all items within the selected tool.
C. Individual Course Tools - Select Items: Place a check mark to the left of each course tool you would like to import. Select Select individual items to import if you would like to pick and choose which items within the selected tool you would like to import.
9. Click the Continue button.
10. If you chose to import selected individual items within a tool, D2L will lead you through a series of screens (one for each tool selected) where you can make your selections. On each screen, make the desired selections then click the Continue button.
11. On the Confirm Import Selections screen, you will be given the option to tell D2L what to do when it encounters a duplicate file during the import. If you are importing materials that are newer than those currently in the D2L course, select Overwrite the existing file to have the imported files overwrite any existing files. If the imported materials are not newer, or if no other materials currently exist in the D2L course site, leave Do not overwrite the existing file selected.
12. Click the Continue button to complete the import.
13. Wait while the importing process completes then click the Continue button to finalize the process.
14. Click View Content if you would like to go to your course Content page, or click Import Another Package to return to the Import/Export/Copy Components page.