When a D2L course site is created, it is loaded with a pre-determined set of tool links in the navigation bar. To change the links available follow the instructions below.
Note: If you are using a department branded navigation bar, or if you have previously modified your course navigation skip steps 3, 9 and 10
1. Click the Course Admin link in the course navigation bar.
2. Click the Navigation & Themes link, located under the Site Setup category.
3. Before modifying the navigation bar, you'll need to make a copy of the Default Navbar that was preloaded in your course. To do this, click the down arrow to the right of Default Course Home Navbar and select Copy.
4. Click the name of the Navbar copy you just made.
5. Rename the navigation bar so that it resembles the name of your course.
6. You may enter a Description of the navigation bar if you choose.
7. Use the Links area near the bottom of the screen to modify the links that appear on your navigation bar.
- To remove a link, click the X that appears when you hover over the link.
- To add links, click the Add Links button.
- To change the order of links, click (and hold) the link you'd like to move and drag it to where you'd like it to be.
- Click the Create Custom Links button to add custom links.
8. Click the Save and Close button when you are done. This will return you to the main Navigation & Themes screen.
9. Once you have finished modifying your navigation bar, you'll need to make it the active navigation bar for the course. On the main Navigation & Themes screen, use the Active Navbar drop down menu to select your navigation bar.
10. Click the Apply button.