You are here
Modifying an Existing Navigation Bar
When a D2L course site is created, it is loaded with a pre-determined set of tool links in the navigation bars that run along the top of the screen. To change the links available follow the instructions below. If you have previously modified the navigation bar of a course, skip to step 3 and then skip steps 7-8.
2. Before modifying the navigation bar, you'll need to make a copy of the Default Navbar that was preloaded in your course. To do this, click the down arrow to the right of Default Course Home Navbar and select Copy.
- To remove a link, click the X that appears when you hover over the link.
- To add links, click the Add Links button.
- To change the order of links, click the link you'd like to move and drag it to where you'd like it to be.
- Click the Create Custom Links button to add custom links.
6. Click the blue Save and Close button when you are done. This will return you to the Navigation & Themes screen.
7. Once you have finished modifying your navigation bar, you'll need to make it the active navigation bar for the course. On the main Navigation & Themes screen, use the Active Navbar drop down menu to select your navigation bar.
8. Click the Apply button.