When a D2L course site is created, it is loaded with a pre-determined set of tool links in the navigation bars that run along the top of the screen. To change the links available follow the instructions below. If you have previously modified the navigation bar of a course, skip to step 4 and then skip steps 9-10.
1. Click the Edit Course link in the tan navigation bar located near the top of the screen.
2. Click the Navigation & Themes link located under the Site Setup category.
3. Before modifying the navigation bar, you'll need to make a copy of the Default Navbar that was preloaded in your course. To do this, click the down arrow to the right of Default Course Home Navbar and select Copy.
4. Click the name of the Navbar copy you just made.
6. You may enter a Description of the navigation bar if you choose.
7. Use the Links area near the bottom of the screen to modify the links that appear on your navigation bar.
- To remove a link, click the X that appears when you hover over the link.
- To add links, click the Add Links button.
- To change the order of links, click the link you'd like to move and drag it to where you'd like it to be.
- Click the Create Custom Links button to add custom links.
8. Click the Save and Close button when you are done. This will return you to the main Navigation & Themes screen.
9. Once you have finished modifying your navigation bar, you'll need to make it the active navigation bar for the course. On the main Navigation & Themes screen, use the Active Navbar drop down menu to select your navigation bar.
10. Click the Apply button.