You are here
To configure the Quiz Restrictions do the following:
2. Set the quiz Status drop down menu to Active when the quiz should be visible to course participants.
Tip: If the quiz will use start and end dates we suggest that you set the quiz as active immediately. If the quiz is inactive when the quiz is set to start, it will be invisible to participants and they will not be able to access the quiz.
3. The Start Date sets the earliest date and time that a participant will be able to begin the quiz. To set a start date check the Has Start Date box and set a date and time.
4. The End Date sets the latest date and time that a participant will be able to begin the quiz. To set a start date check the Has Start Date box and set a date and time.
5. Check the Display in Calendar check box to display the quiz start and end dates in participants' Events widget and Calendar. By default, quizzes that are beginning or ending within the next 3 days will appear in participants' list of events, however, participants can adjust their display settings to show events between 2 and 14 days out.
6. Optional: Use Additional Release Conditions to set conditions that a participant must meet before being able to take the quiz. For more information on using Release Conditions visit the Release Conditions page.
Optional Advanced Restrictions: If you would like have the ability to restrict quiz access by a password and/or IP address restriction click the blue Expand optional advanced restrictions link to display the following fields:
7. Optional: To require that participants enter a password before they can begin the quiz type the desired password in the Password text field. Passwords must be between 1 and 20 characters in length and may contain letters, numbers and special characters. Passwords are case sensitive, so participants must type lower case and capital letters exactly as they are set in this field.
8. Optional: To require participants to take their quiz in a specific location (like an on campus computer lab) enter IP address restrictions in the IP Restriction (IPv4) field that match the network settings of the approved computers. When using IP address restrictions, the first box must contain the 3 starting numbers of the IP address range. Each additional field is optional depending on how specific you want the IP address restrictions to be.
9. Time Limit: Type a number in the Time Limit field to set the number of minutes a participant has to complete a quiz once once they click the Start Quiz button.
10. Grace Period: Type a number in the Grace Period field to set the number of minutes a participant has, after the time limit has passed, to submit their quiz before it is flagged as late. The grace period must be at least 1 minute.
11. Late Submissions: There are three options to control how late quiz submissions are handled:
- Allows normal submission: Participants can submit their quiz at any time within the start and end dates of the exam, regardless of any time limit or grace period set. The quiz submission will be flagged as late, but no points will be deducted.
- Use Late Limit of __ minutes: Participants must complete their quiz within the time limit, grace period, and late limit you set. If the student has not submitted by the end of the late limit the quiz submission will be flagged as late and the participant will receive a 0 on the quiz attempt. The late limit may be set between 1-120 minutes in length. When using this option you must check the enforced check box to enforce the late limit. Doing so will also enable the show clock check box, allowing participants see the amount of time remaining to complete the exam within the time limit
- Auto-Submit Attempt: Participants must complete their quiz within the time limit and grace period set. Once the time limit and grace period have passed the participant is prompted to submit their attempt. If the participant submits their quiz it will be graded by D2L, however, if no action is taken by the participant the quiz will not be submitted and no grade will be given (The quiz will categorized under the Attempts in Progress status). For more information about quiz attempts under the Attempts In Progress status see the Grading Quizzes help page. When using this option you must check the enforced check box to enforce the late limit. Doing so will also enable the show clock check box which allows participants see the amount of time remaining to complete the exam within the time limit.
12. Before configuring Special Access restrictions click the white Save button to save any date and time restrictions you have entered. This will prevent you from losing any restrictions you have set when you go the Special Access restrictions page. To provide specific participants with availability and time limits for the quiz that are different from the rest of the class click the white Add User to Special Access button. This is the option that should be used when providing special accommodations for DRC students. For more information about configuring Special Access, see the Special Access Quizzes help page.
13. When finished, click the Save button to save and remain within the quiz or the Save and Close button to save and exit the quiz.