You are here
The following options are available within the quiz Restrictions tab:
- Use the Status drop down menu to set the quiz as Active when you want the quiz to be visible to course pariticipants. Tip: If the quiz will use a start and end date it is suggested that you set the quiz as active immediately so it will appear in the Quizzes list for course participants. If the quiz is inactive it will remain invisible to participants despite any availability start and end dates set.
- The Start Date sets the earliest date and time that a participant will be able to begin the quiz. To set a start date check the Has Start Date box and set a date and time.
- The End Date sets the latest date and time that a participant will last be able to begin the quiz. To set a start date check the Has Start Date box and set a date and time.
- Check the Display in Calendar check box to display the quiz end date in the students Events widget. By default, participants will see end dates occuring within the next 3 days, however, participants can adjust their account to display end dates anywhere between 2 and 14 days out.
- Optional:Use Additional Release Conditions to set other conditions that a participant must meet before being able to take the quiz. For more information on using Release Conditions visit the Release Conditions page.
Optional Advanced Restrictions: To set optional advanced restrictions in the quiz click the blue Expand optional advanced restrictions link. The following fields become available:
- Password: If you want to require that participants enter a password before they can begin the exam type a password in the text field. Password must be between 1 and 20 characters in length and may contain letters, numbers and special characters. Passwords are case senstive, so participants must type lower case and capital letters exactley as they are set in this field.
- IP Restrictions: If you want to restrict where students can take their exam to a controlled environment (like an on campus computer lab) you can set IP address restrictions to match the network settings of the approved computers. If using IP address restrictions, the first box must contain the starting numbers of the IP address range. Each additional field is optional depending on how specific you want the IP address restrictions to be.
- Time Limit: Type a number in the Time Limit field to set the number of minutes a participant has to complete a quiz once it has been started.
- Grace Period: Type a number in the Grace Period field to set the number of minutes a participant has, after the time limit has passed, before the quiz is flagged as late. The grace period must be at least 1 minute.
- Late Submissions: There are three options to control how late quiz submissions are handled:
- Allows normal submission: Participants can submit their quiz at any time within the start and end dates of the exam, regardless of any time limit or grace period set. The quiz submission will be flagged as late, but no points will be deducted.
- Use Late Limit of __ minutes: Participants must complete their quiz within the time limit, grace period, and late limit set. If the student has not submitted by the end of the late limit the quiz submission will be flagged as late and the participant will receive a 0 on the quiz attempt. The late limit may be set between 1-120 minutes in length. When using this option you must check the enforced check box to enforce the late limt. Doing so will also enable the show clock check box, allowing participants see the amount of time remaining to complete the exam within the time limit
- Auto-Submit Attempt: Participants must complete their quiz within the time limit and grace period set. Once the time limit and grace period have passed the participant is prompted to submit their attempt. If no action is taken by the participant the quiz will not be submitted, the quiz will be placed in the Attempts in Progress status, and no grade will be given. For more information about quiz attempts placed in the In Progress status see the Grading Quizzes help page. When using this option you must check the enforced check box to enforce the late limt. Doing so will also enable the show clock check box, allowing participants see the amount of time remaining to complete the exam within the time limit
- Advanced Availability: Before configuring Special Access restrictions click the white Save button to set the time and date restrictions that you have chosen for the whole class. This will save you from having to set the date and time restrictions from scratch when configuring the Special Access restrictions. To provide specific participants with availability and time limits for the quiz that are different from the rest of the class click the white Add User to Special Access button. This is the option that should be used when providing special accomodations for DRC students. For more information about configuring Special Access, see the Special Access Quizzes help page.
When finished, click the blue Save and Close button to save and exit the quiz, or the white