I have more than one section connected to my D2L course site, but, in the Classlist, students are only able to see students that are enrolled in the same section. How can I allow my students to see ALL students enrolled in the course?
In the Classlist, while members of the teaching team are able to view all students enrolled in all sections connected to a D2L course site, students are only able to view other students that are enrolled in the same section. They do not see students enrolled in other sections.
To work around this, you can create a Group in your D2L course site that has ALL students enrolled in it. Once this has been done, your students will be able to use the group to view ALL students in the course.
You can find instructions for doing this on our Creating Groups help page. For fastest group creation, use the following tips when creating your groups:
- In Step 4, when selecting the Enrollment Type for your group, select # of Groups.
- In Step 5, enter 1 for the Number of Groups.
- In Step 6, be sure to select Auto-enroll new users. This will ensure that any new students that add your course will be added to your group.
Once you have successfully created your group, your students can use the View By drop down menu in the Classlist to select the group. The instructions for this are below:
1. Go to Classlist.
2. Use the View By drop down menu to select Groups.
3. Click the Apply button.
4. Use the Groups drop down menu to select the group you'd like to view.
5. Click the Apply button again.