There are a 3 essential of steps involved in setting up your grade book:
1. Determine if your grade book is a weighted vs a points grade book.
- If you are using a weighted grade book (ie. quizzes count for 25% of the final grade etc.) you need to modify the settings in your grade book. The default is a points grade book. To make that modification visit this FAQ then move to step two.
- If you are using a points grade book then you are ready for step two.
2. Create categories (required if it is a weighted grade book, optional if it is a points grade book).
- For creating categories visit the Creating Grade Categories Help Page and follow the instructions for the appropriate grade book type (weighted or points).
3. Create grade items
- To add a numeric grade item (the most common used) please visit the Creating Numeric Grade Items Help Page.
- If you are interested in different types of grade items such as Pass/Fail or a Formula grade item, be sure to explore the links on the left side of the page which demonstrate how to create some of these other types of grade items.