How to Request a D2L Course Site
Note: If you need to request D2L course sites for courses not appearing in the UA Schedule of Classes, please see the help page: Requesting a D2L playspace, development site or non-term course site.
1. Go to https://csr.d2l.arizona.edu and log in using your UA NetID and password.
Note: You must be listed as a Primary Instructor in UAccess for at least one course to be able to log into Course Site Request. If you are not listed as a Primary Instructor in UAccess, you will need to contact your Department's UAccess Representative.
After logging in, you will arrive at the Welcome page. On this page:
2. Click the Request new D2L course sites for your UA courses link.
3. Select the term you are requesting your course sites for.
4. Enter the number of D2L course sites you would like to build.
5. Click the Continue button.
6. When building your D2L course sites you can opt to drag an entire course, including all of its sections, over to the course site drag and drop area, or you can drag individual sections from a course into a drag and drop area. The ability to drag sections individually is helpful if you have two or more sections of a course that appear together in the left pane and you would like them to exist in separate D2L course sites in the right pane.
See the individual directions below for each approach:
Move an entire course, including all sections of that course, into a D2L course site: Left click and hold on the white handle to the left of the course title, then drag the course over the desired drag and drop field at the right. When the desired drag and drop field highlights orange let go of the left click to place the course.
Move a single section into a D2L course site: Left click and hold on the blue handle to the left of the desired section, then drag the section over the preferred drag and drop field at right. When the desired drag and drop field highlights orange let go of the left click to place the course.
If so, left click and hold on the blue handle to the left of the errant section, then either drag the section out of the drag and drop field and release to remove it, or drag the section into the desired drag and drop field and release when it turns orange to move the section to another D2L course site.
* If you need to add more course sites to the right pane, click the Add Course Site button.
7. Confirm that the number of course sites being built and the sections included in each site are correct. If a change is required, click Make Changes then return to step 6 above. When the sites are configured as desired, click Build.
You have successfully created your D2L course site(s)!
8. Click directly on a course site title to be taken to the corresponding site in D2L.
Tip: If you need to make changes to the configuration of your D2L course site(s) after they have been requested, such as adding a section to a site, removing a section from a site,or moving a section from one D2L course site to another see our Editing Submitted Course Site Requests help page for information on how to do so.
A Few Notes about Enrollments:
- Instructor Enrollment: Anyone listed as Primary Instructor in UAccess for a section connected to the D2L course site will be automatically added to the course site with the role of Instructor.
- Teaching Team Member Enrollment: Members of the teaching team, such as TA's and Grader's, must be manually enrolled. Anyone with the role of Instructor can enroll members of the Teaching Team in D2L course site using the instructions found on our Enrollments help page.
- Student Enrollment: Students that are officially registered for a course in UAccess will be automatically enrolled in the corresponding D2L course site(s) within 2-3 hours of the site request. Students cannot be manually added to a D2L course site.