To create a Collection within your ePortfolio do the following:
1. Click the ePortfolio link on the My Home navigation bar to access ePortfolio
2. Click the New Collection button
Tip: You may also create a new Collection from the My Items page.
3. Type the desired name for the collection in the Name field
4. Optional: Type a description of the link in the Description field
5. Optional: Type one or more tags into the Tags field.
Tip: Tags are useful for helping you categorize your artifacts by grouping similar items together.
6. Click the Save button to create your collection. Upon saving you will be presented with additional options.
7. Comments/Assessments: By default, your Collection will be set to allow others comment on it and to view comments others have left. If you would prefer to prohibit commenting on your Collection, uncheck the Allow others to add/view comments if they have sufficient permission check box.
8. Click the Add to Collection button to select items for the collection.
9. On the Add Items to Collection page that opens you will have two options:
- Artifacts, Presentations, Reflections, or Learning Objectives: Select this option to add any of these types of items to your Collection. For more information on adding a Tag List continue to the Adding Artifacts, Presentations, Reflections or Learning Objectives section below.
- Tag List: Select this option if you would like to add one or more tag(s) to your collection. Doing so will automatically add all corresponding Artifacts, Presentations, Reflections and Learning Objectives matching the listed tags.For more information on adding a Tag List continue to the Adding a Tag List to your Collection section below.
Adding Artifacts, Presentations, Reflections or Learning Objectives
10. Click the Artifacts, Presentations, Reflections, or Learning Objectives link.
11. Place a check mark next to each item you would like to add to your collection, then click the Add button.
12. When finished, click the Save and Close button.
Adding a Tag List to your Collection
10. Click the Tag List link.
11. Type a name for your new tag list in the Tag List Name field.
12. Type the tag(s) you would like to add to the Tag List into the Tags in List field, then click Add Tag.
Please Note: You can add multiple tags to the tag list, however, adding more than one tag to the list will require the Artifact, Presentation and/or Reflection to have ALL of the tags in order to appear in the collection. If you want the Collection to include Artifacts, Presentations and/or Reflections that have ANY of the tags you supply you will need to create multiple tag lists by repeating steps 10-13 for each tag you would like included in the Collection.
13. Click the Save button when you have finished adding tags to your list.
14. Click the Save and Close button to finish completing your collection.