While students cannot create general course chats, they can set up personal chats that allow them to communicate with other people in D2L. To create a new personal chat:
1. Click the blue New Chat button.
3. Enter a Description if you'd like to share additional information about the chat.
4. Click the Create button.
5. Once the chat has been created, you need to add participants to it. Click the down arrow to the right of the chat you'd like to add participants to and select View Members.
6. Click the Add Members button.
7. The list of available participants that appears is for all of D2L. Click the Select Different Course link to view/add participants from a D2L course that you have access to.
8. Check the box to the left of each participant's name.
9. Click the Add button.