When you use the Insert Image tool, you physically insert a picture into your text. Images can come from a variety of sources, from a picture saved to your computer, to one that is already elsewhere in your course, or somewhere on the Internet.
To Insert an Image:
2. In the "Add a File" window that opens, you will have several options. Drag and drop your image into the "Drop files here" box, or select one of the following.
- Upload (or My Computer): to locate an image saved on your computer
- URL: to add an image directly from a webpage
Tip: to find the URL for a web-based image, right-click on the image and select "copy link"
3. Click the Add button.
4. In the Provide Alternative Text box, do one of the following:
- Select This image is decorative, or
- In the Alternative Text box, enter descriptive text for participants with visual impairments who use assistive technology
Important note: Please do not skip this step. "Alt text" helps participants with visual impairments to navigate your content. For tips on using Alternative Text, click here to open the WebAIM website in a new window.
6. When you are finished, be sure to either Save or Publish your changes (the buttons change depending upon which tool you are using).