1. Assess Topics
Assess students' posts by a specific Discussion Topic.
- On the Discussions page, click the down arrow to right of the name of the Discussion Topic you want to assess, and select Assess Topic.
- Click on the Topic Score link beneath the student's name to view all messages composed and replies written by that specific student.
- A pop-up window will appear and from this screen you can read all of the student's posts in the Post area at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter a score in the Topic Score field at the top right of the page.
- If desired, enter feedback that only that student can see in the General Feedback box.
- Check the Published box to mark this student's score as graded and send the score to the gradebook. If you prefer to wait to send the scores to the gradebook until all students have been assessed, leave this box blank and see the instructions to publish all scores to the gradebook at the same time.
- Remember to Save and Close at the bottom of the screen.
2. Publishing and Retracting Scores
Publish or retract all scores for a particular Discussion Topic at once.
If you have connected a Discussion Topic to an item in Grades, you may publish all scores for a Topic:
- Click the down arrow to right of the name of the Discussion Topic you'd like to assess, and select Assess Topic.
- Click the Publish All Scores to Grades button at the top left of the page.
- A pop-up confirmation window will appear. Click the Yes button to confirm you want to publish all scores.
- Note that the boxes in the Publish to Grades column are checked.
You may also retract scores that have been published:
- Click on the Retract All Scores button at the top of the page.
- A pop-up confirmation window will appear.Click the Yes button to confirm you want to retract all scores.
- Note that the boxes in the Publish to Grades column are unchecked.