The D2L Consulting Team has put together some short, self-paced D2L courses that provide information, instructions, and best practices on selected topics. The courses currently available are:
- D2L New Student Orientation: Introduction to D2L for students who are new to D2L. This orientation is also useful for instructors who wish to learn about the student experience in D2L.
- D2L New Instructor Orientation: Introduction to D2L for instructors who are new to D2L.
- D2L Creating Accessible Course Sites: More advanced course for instructors who wish to learn how to build courses online that are accessible to all their students.
- Turnitin: Check your work: Course where students and instructors can check student papers via Turnitin for any material that matches other sources. This is helpful for students who want to check for accidental plagiarism before submitting their work.
- D2l Templates: Learn to use the templates built by the D2L team to add some color and special formatting to your course.
- D2L Quiz Question Conversion Tool: Take your quiz questions built in any word processor, such as MS Word or Google Docs, and quickly convert them to a .CSV file to be imported into your course question library. Everything you need to convert your files is included in this course.
To access these courses, you must self-register. To do this:
- Log into D2L at https://d2l.arizona.edu/.
- Click the Self Registration link located in the red banner near the top of the screen.
Find the course you want to register for and click the link for it.
- Click the Register button to register for the course.
- Click the Submit button.
- Click the Finish button on the confirmation screen.
- You may click the link to the course to go directly there or you may click the Done button to return to your My Home screen.
- Once you have completed the self registration process, the D2L course site will be listed on your D2L My Home screen under My Courses. Click on the image (tile) to enter the course.