1. Create: Add Video or Audio from the Web
Use the Video or Audio option to link or embed media in your course Content.
- Locate the share or embed link of the media you would like to include in Content.
- In a Module click Upload/Create.
- Select Video or Audio.
- Paste the embed code or link into the window.
- Add a Title. This is what students will click on to play the video.
- Click Save.
Note: We recommend linking or embedding media from Youtube or Vimeo. If creating your own videos, you can also use Panopto to host and stream them securely.
2. Create: Insert Media from the Web into a Webpage
Embedding a video in a web page.
- Locate and copy the embed code for the video (instructions to find an embed code for a youtube video)
- Create a web page (instructions to create a web page) OR edit an existing web page.
- Click on the arrow to the right of the HTML page title.
- Select Edit HTML.
- In the HTML editor click Insert Stuff.
- Click Enter Embed Code. You may need to scroll down to find it.
- Paste the embed code in the Embed Code box and click the Next button.
- The next screen shows a preview of the embedded video. Click on the Insert button.
- Click on the Publish or Save as Draft button to finish.
Note: Most embed codes are not "responsive" meaning when viewed on a small screen such as a phone the video does not resize. If you want your video to work on all devices copy your embed code, go to https://iframely.com/embed and paste it into the box, click the Embed Now button, then copy and paste the resulting code into your post using the above steps.
3. Create: Insert Panopto Videos into a Webpage
Embed Panopto videos in your course.
- Within a Module, create a new HTML file by clicking Upload/Create and selecting Create a File.
- Enter a title for the page.
- Click Insert Stuff (the first button in the HTML editor).
- Select Panopto from the list of options on the left side of the page. You may have to scroll down to the bottom of the list to find the Panopto option.
- Select the Panopto video you would like to embed by clicking the check box to the left of the video.
- Click Insert.
- Click Next.
- You now see a preview of the embedded video. Click Publish to finish.
Note: This is the recommended way to provide access to Panopto videos in your course. This prevents problems with student access. Just pasting a link to the video in your course does not handle authentication and students cannot easily access the video.