1. Locate: Chat tool
Find the Chat tool within Course Admin.
In order for your students to be able to access the Chat tool, you must add a link to it on your course's navbar.
- Select Course Admin from your navbar.
- Select Chat.
2. Create: A Chat
Create a chat session for your course.
- Select the New Chat button.
- Enter a Title for the chat.
- Select what Type of chat you'd like to create
- General Chat: All course participants have access
- Personal Chat: Only participants you choose have access
- Enter a Description if you would like to share additional information about the chat.
- Select Create.
3. Edit: A Personal Chat
Add participants to a personal chat.
- Select the down arrow to the right of the chat you'd like to add participants to and select View Members.
- Select the Add Members button.
- Check the box to the left of each participant's name.
- Select Add.
4. Participate: In a Chat
Participate in a chat with people in your course.
- Select the name of the chat you'd like to enter.
- Enter your message text in the box on the bottom of the screen.
- Use the Send button to send your message.
- You can print chat activity using the Print link on the top right corner.
- Select Exit Chat to leave the chat session.
5. Access: Past Chats
View archived chat messages.
- Select the down arrow to the right of the chat you'd like to view archives for and select View Sessions.
- Select the Start Date of the session you'd like to view.
6. Change: Your Chat Alias
Change the name that people see when you post in chat.
- Select the Settings link located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter what you'd like your new Alias to be. Note that this change only affects what participants see in Chat.
- Select Save to save your changes.