1. About: Media Library - New Feature!
Access media creation, storage and streaming for all audiovisual materials via Media Library.
Media Library is a new tool that enables users to store, stream, and create audio and visual materials in one place. Anything created or stored in the Media Library can easily be added to any D2L course site.
To access it directly, click on the Admin Tools icon (settings gear) next to your D2L Profile icon.
You can perform the following actions using the improved Media Library tool:
Create both video and audio files.
Filter content based upon audiovisual type.
Update file information, such as the title and description.
Edit video timelines using the editor.
Add chapters to video content.
Create manual and automated captions for video content.
Download audiovisual content to a device.
Bulk delete and restore files.
2. Create: Record Video or Audio Content via Webcam
Choose whether to record audio-video or audio-only using the Media Player Webcam.
To record via the Webcam, after accessing Media Library, click Add.
- To record video with audio, click New Recording.
- To record audio only, click the Audio-only toggle.
- After recording video and/or audio, click Next for the opportunity to provide a title, an optional description, the language of the audio and to generate captions.
3. Manage: Edit, Preview, Download, Delete or Restore Files
Use the 3-dot meatball (horizontal dots) menu for editing and other functions.
- Open the three-dot meatball menu to the right of a single video to access the option to Preview, Download, Edit, Rename, Edit Description, Transfer Ownership, and Delete.
- Select multiple files, then open the three-dot meatball menu above the list of files to Delete or Transfer Ownership in bulk.
- To restore a file that is in the Recycle Bin, click on its icon.
- The three-dot menu for a single item offers the option to Restore or to Delete Permanently.
- The three-dot menu for bulk allows you to Restore more than one file at once.
4. Search: Content with Improved Filters
Locate audio-visual content using the new filters in Media Library.
Note: Capture App is currently unavailable.
(NEW)Content Type: Audio, Video, or Both
(NEW)Source: Where content was added from. Multiple filters can be selected. Filters include:
Content - Uploaded from the Content tool
Media Library - Uploaded or created in Media Library
Audio or Video Note - Content created in Audio or Video Note
Imported - Added from course imports
Other - Content added prior to the addition of source tracking
Note: Changes to Date Deleted on the Recycle Bin screen.
- To search, from Media Library, open the Filters menu.
- For example, if you choose Source, the following options will become available:
- Once you have set the filters as desired, click the magnifying glass icon to search.
Coming Soon! Filter by Owner
- In the filter menu select Ownership. Type the name to search, then click the radio button.
- Click the magnifying glass (search) next to the search box above to apply the filter.
- The videos from that owner will appear for you to select.
5. View: Scrolling Captions
View/download transcripts from audio-video content in Media Library with Transcript View.
Transcript View enables the viewing of video file playback with scrolling captions. Users can select either a TXT (transcript) or a VTT (caption track) format for downloading to their device. The following steps are exactly the same for audio as for video transcripts.
- To access the scrolling transcript, click the settings gear icon.
- Click View Transcript.
- The transcript will scroll down and the option to download will appear.
- Click the Download button to access the option to select Transcript (.txt) or Captions (.vtt).