1. Verify: Make sure grade settings are correct in D2L for UAccess import
Check the grade settings that must be selected for a successful import of grades into UAccess
In order for your grades to successfully import into UAccess Grade Roster from D2L the Grade scheme symbol display option must be enabled in the Class Display options. To check whether this is enabled, do the following:
- Click the Settings link in the top, right corner in Manage Grades.
- Click the Class Display Options tab.
- Make sure the Grade scheme symbol is checked.
- Click the Save button.
Additionally, make sure that you have selected the Adjusted Final Grade to be released.
- Click the Calculations Options tab.
- Make sure the Adjusted Final Grade option is checked in the Final Grades Released section of the page.
- Click the Save button.
2. Transfer: The Final Calculated Grade to the Final Adjusted Grade column in D2L
Move the final calculated grade to the final adjusted grade column and make any final adjustments to the final grade.
When importing grades into UAccess the grade pulled from D2L is the grade in the Final Adjusted Grade column.
- Click on Grades.
- Click on Enter Grades.
- From the context menu to the right of the Final Calculated Grade or Final Adjusted Grade (click on the inverted triangle) select Grade All.
- To transfer Final Calculated Grades for ALL participants to the Final Adjusted Grade column at once, from the context menu to the right of Final Grades select Transfer All (click on the small inverted triangle to see the menu).
- Click the Yes button on the confirmation window that opens.
- If any adjustments to students' grades need to be made, you can do so in the Final Adjusted Grade column.
- Click Save and Close
3. Release: The final adjusted grade for students to view
Release the final adjusted grades to students
Final grades, either final calculated or final adjusted grades are not viewable by students by default. Instructors must release one or the other for students to be able to see it when they check grades.
It is not required to release the final adjusted grade as it will be imported into UAccess whether it is released to the student or not (see steps in the following section for importing grades into UAccess).
- In Grades, click the Settings link in the top, right corner in Manage Grades.
- Click the Calculation Options tab.
- In the Final Grades Released section, select Adjusted Final Grade.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Close button
- In either Enter Grades or Manage grades, locate the Final Adjusted Grade item and click on the context menu to its right (inverted triangle).
- Select Enter Grades or Grade All (this depends on whether you are in Manage Grades or Enter grades, either option takes you to the same place).
- At the top left of the screen, click on the context menu to the right of Final Grades (inverted triangle) and select Release All.
- Click Save and Close.
4. Import: Grades from your D2L course site into UAccess
Final grades are only official once they have been imported into UAccess. The import is completed from the instructor center in UAccess.
Accessing Grade Roster from Off-Campus If you are accessing Grade Roster from a computer that is off-campus, you will need to establish a virtual private network (VPN) connection first. The easiest way to establish the VPN is to go to http://vpn.arizona.edu and sign in with your UA NetID and password. Please call the 24/7 IT Support Center at 520.626.TECH (8324) if you have any problems with, or questions about, the VPN. The VPN requires netID+
- Go to http://uaccess.arizona.edu/
- Under Students, click Instructor Center.
- Make sure that you are looking at the current term's schedule. If you are not, click the Change Term button to select the correct term.
- Click the Grade Roster icon to the left of the course/section you'd like to import grades to. This icon appears at 5 PM on the day after the last day of class in UAccess.
- Click the Import Grades from D2L button.
- Review the letter grades that have been imported from your D2L grade book's Final Adjusted Grade column. Pay particular attention to any scores that may have been adjusted through a D2L grade scheme or by hand.
- If there are any students in your course that are receiving a grade of E, you must use the Student Attendance drop down menu to select how each student attended the course. If you select Stopped Attending After, you must then also enter the Last Date Attended.
- If there are any students in your course that have an Honors Contract, you may be required to enter a requirement designation grade. This is done using the drop down menu in the Roster RD Grade column. Note that this drop down menu will not be visible to you until you have entered a grade for that student.
- Once you are satisfied with your Final Grades in Grade Roster, use the Approval Status drop down menu located near the top of the screen to select Approved.
- After the status has been changed to Approved, a Post button will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click the Post button to submit your students' official grades.
- If you need to change a student's grade after posting official grades, click the Request Grade Change link located just under the Approval Status drop down menu. Any changes made using this link are immediately visible to students.