ATTENTION! Adobe Connect will no longer be used as the university campus-wide videoconference solution after June 30, 2018.
The videoconference solution Zoom has taken the place of Adobe Connect.
If you have recordings within Adobe Connect that you wish to save and upload to Panopto for future use you will have until June 30, 2019 to get them downloaded and transferred over to Panopto.
Keep in mind that to get videos downloaded to your computer it requires the recordings to play real-time. So if you have a 30 minute recording it will take at least 30 minutes to download it to your computer. If you have a lot of recordings you are wanting to save you will need to plan ahead as your computer will have to remain on and running during the "download" of the recording.
Download Adobe Connect Meeting Recording Instructions
These are the instructions for downloading Adobe Connect recordings.
- Go to http://arizona.adobeconnect.com/
- Click Forgot Your Password.
- Type in your university email address and then check your email for a password reset link (email@example.com).
- Use this process to log in.
- Once logged in, click on My Recordings.
- Hover your mouse over the row that the recording you want to keep is in and click on the "i" icon to find Information about that recording.
- Find the Actions link and click the down arrow and choose Make Offline.
- You may be prompted to install the Adobe Connect application to make this recording.
- The recording is made in real time on your computer. So if it was an hour long recording then it will take one hour for the recording to make an MP4 version of the file on your computer.
- It will prompt you to set your screen resolution, click the Next button
- The default settings are likely to be good enough so just click Proceed with Offline Recording.
- When you click "Proceed with Offline Recording" it will then ask you where do you want to save the MP4 file on your computer and it will let you rename the recording.
- Choose a good name that describes the recording and a location you can find on your computer.
- Click Save. It will then start the recording process. Please let the meeting recording run until it completes.
- When it is done the recording summary window will appear showing you where it saved and other information about the file. Click OK.
- Now we will upload that saved MP4 file to Panopto. Go back to your D2L course and click UA Tools menu and choose Panopto.
- Choose the Folder you want the recording to be located in. The course Panopto folder is fine as you can always move the session later.
- Click Create and then choose Upload Media.
- Drag the MP4 file into the dotted box or click the box and Browse your computer to find the MP4 file and upload it.
- Wait for it to say Upload Complete. Then you can navigate away as it will automatically begin to process into a streaming file.
- You can move the file to the correct semester's course folder in Panopto or change the Share settings and then embed it into an HTML page in D2L Content. You can also change the share settings if you need to post something for the world to see.
If you have questions or need assistance with this process then please contact Josh Butcher firstname.lastname@example.org, the Academic Technology Team in UITS email@example.com.
If you have comments or concerns with this process then please contact Mark Felix firstname.lastname@example.org.