1. Manage: Course list in My Courses
Organize the list of courses on your D2L homepage by semester or term.
- Select the semester you wish to view, located under My Courses (use arrows to find older semesters).
- Only the courses in that semester will be visible on your homepage.
2. Find: Courses not included in the 12 courses in My Courses
Search for courses that you are enrolled in but are not visible on the D2L homepage.
- At the bottom of the visible list of courses click on the View All Courses link.
- Use the Filter link to open the filter options.
- Use the Term, Department and Roles options to create a filter.
- Alternatively, use the Find a course search box to enter a course name to locate it.
- Once located, you can pin the course to your My Courses widget using the instructions in Manage: Course list in My Courses, above.
3. Edit: Add information to your profile
Add an image and other information to your profile.
- Click your Personal Menu, located at the top of your D2L My Home screen, and select Profile.
- Enter any information you'd like to share about yourself.
- To add a Profile Picture click on the Change Picture button
- Click on My Computer.
- Drag and drop a an image into the box then skip to step 9 below.
- Click Upload and locate an image on your computer
- Click Open.
- Click Add.
- Click Save and Close.
4. Manage: Notifications via email or text
Control if or how you receive notifications about activity in your courses.
You can only set your own notifications. You cannot set notifications for all the students in your class. Each student must set her own notifications.
- Click your Personal Menu, located at the top of your D2L My Home screen, and select Notifications.
- Click on Register your mobile fill out the form if you want to receive notifications via text and fill out the form.
- In the Instant Notifications section, check the boxes to the right of each activity in the list for which you want notifications.
- Click Save
5. Verify: Check and set the time zone D2L will use
By setting the correct time zone, D2L will appropriately display due dates according to your time zone.
- Click your Personal Menu, located at the top of your D2L My Home screen, and select Account Settings.
- Scroll down to Time Zone
- Make the correct selections for your time zone.
- Click Save and Close
6. Manage: Find and pin your courses
The course selector allows you to search for, and pin any of your course sites for quick access.
- Click the Course Selector icon in the main navbar.
Either search for your course name, or scroll the list to find it. You can pin courses to the top of this list for easy access using the Pin icon to the right of the course name.
- Select the course name to open the course site.