Microsoft Teams is a third-party software designed to facilitate synchronous and asynchronous communication between users.
Instructors can add the Teams widget to the Course Home in D2L to make accessing Teams more convenient. Create a channel within Teams to post messages (i.e., “conversations”) and receive replies from anyone included in that channel. Use the chat feature to send messages to select users.
Note: D2L Consulting does not provide support for Microsoft Teams (aside from adding and removing the Teams widget from the Course Home in D2L). If you need assistance with creating a channel, managing settings, troubleshooting, etc. in Teams, please contact the 24/7 Support Center. Your question will be directed to the appropriate team.
You might use Teams to:
- Keep an ongoing Q&A channel open for questions about the course (allows you to crowdsource questions among students)
- Host virtual office hours (via video, chat, or general channel)
- Devote a space to conversations around / during a specific lecture (asynchronous or synchronous)
Teams does NOT:
- replace Assignments, Discussions, or other D2L tools and external learning tools
- measure participation or performance, as it cannot sort or filter out responses from a single user or export statistics