Digication is an ePortfolio tool that allows students to showcase their work online. ePortfolios are shareable to the public and are accessible to students beyond their time at UArizona.
1. Access: Locate and Access Digication in Your Course
Access Digication from within your D2L course site.
- From the navigation bar in your course site, choose UA Tools and Digication.
If Digication is not listed in the menu, access Digication from a link in Content created by your instructor:
- Open the Content tool.
- Find the Digication topic. If you can’t find the link following your instructor’s directions, use the Search box to find it.
- Locate and choose Digication ePortfolio.
2. Learn: Use Digication ePortfolios
Use the following resources to build an ePortfolio, adjust sharing permissions, edit content, and publish changes. If you need additional support, contact Digication by choosing "Submit a Request" to the Digication Help Desk.
- Quick Start Guide for Creating an ePortfolio
Start here for basic instructions on creating an ePortfolio, adding content, saving and publishing, and adjusting permissions.
- Digication Help Desk
Browse for all other Digication help pages. Choose Submit a Request if you cannot find what you are looking for.
- Supported Browsers and Operating Systems (OS)
Consider browser and OS issues if you are encountering a problem. We recommend Chrome and Firefox internet browsers.
3. Share: Create, Share and Publish Your ePortfolio
Create your ePortfolio, adust sharing permissions and publish your ePortfolio.
- From within your D2L course site, select Digication from the UA Tools menu in the navigation bar or select the Digication link in Content. See step 1 for more information.
- Select the green plus to begin creating your ePortfolio.
- Locate the template shared with your course or the template that you would like to use and select it. Then choose "Use This Template".
- On the following page, select "Create".
- Enter a title for your new ePortfolio. Select "Create".
- Your ePortfolio will begin processing. When processing is complete, it will display your new ePortfolio. In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, select "Share" and "View Recommended Settings".
- Select "Private" to change it to "Private within the University of Arizona".
- Below "Also share with specific people, group or courses", there will be two lines with your course's name. One is for instructors in your course and the other is for students. On the right hand side, make sure that both lines have "Viewer" selected.
- Select "Save".
- Finally, select "Publish this Page" to allow students in your instructors in your course to view your ePortfolio (accessible from the Digication ePortfolio link in D2L).