1. Submit: Take and submit a quiz.
Start a quiz, answer and save questions, and submit a completed quiz.
- Select Quizzes in the Navigation bar (nav bar).
- Click on the quiz name.
- The Quiz Details page provides information about the quiz, how long you have to take it, when it is available, and etc.
Note: If you do not have a Start Quiz button at the bottom, check the information in the Quiz period section. The quiz period may not have started or it may have passed.
- Click the Start Quiz! button.
- Enter answers for the questions. You can click the Question icons to navigate between questions.
Note: D2L autosaves your answers approximately every 15 seconds, except for written response (essay) questions, which autosave as soon as you click out of the answer field. Checkmarks indicate that your answer is saved.
- If your quiz is more than one page long, use the Next Page and Previous Page buttons to move between pages.
- At the end of the quiz, click Submit Quiz.
- At this point, you can go still go back into the quiz by clicking the question icons on the left (if the instructor has not disabled backward movement in the quiz).
- To finally submit your quiz, click on the Submit Quiz button.
- Wait until the submission screen appears to that verify that your quiz has been submitted successfully.
2. View: View the results of the quiz
After the quiz has been submitted, return to the quiz and view the results.
Your instructor controls what results you see. The default view only shows the score. Instructors can edit the view to show questions and answers, but that is up to each instructor.
- Click on Quizzes in the navigation bar.
- Click on the dropdown menu to the right of the quiz for which you want to see the results (inverted chevron to the right of the quiz name).
- Select Submissions.
- Click on the Attempt 1 (some instructors allow for more than one attempt on a quiz)
- You land on the submission view which shows you the information about your attempt that the instructor has released for students.
3. Use: Install and use the Respondus lockdown browser
Learn about, install and use the Respondus lockdown browser.
Some instructors require the lockdown browser to take a quiz. This browser prevents students from using other applications on their computers while taking a quiz.
- Select the quiz from the Quizzes link on the navbar, and use the link to Download and install the latest version of LockDown Browser. Follow the directions to install and download the file.
- Return to the quiz, and select Launch Lockdown Browser. You will need to allow the file to make changes to your computer.
- The browser will close any unauthorized programs, so it's recommended that you close everything but the browser you access D2L through before starting the quiz.