Centrally Supported - Instructional Technologies
This refers to apps and other software purchased by the University of Arizona. It also means UA has hired campus teams to help students, staff, and instructors learn to use this technology.
Note: For a full list of software available to campus users, visit the Software Licensing webpage.
Our team supports D2L and integrated technologies inside D2L:
- Badgr - badging software
- D2L Brightspace - course websites
- Examity - exam proctoring & security
- Panopto - video recording, streaming, and quizzing
- PlayPosit - in-video quizzing
- Respondus LockDown Browser - exam security for computer labs
- Turnitin - plagiarism detection
- TurningPoint - clickers & web polling
- VoiceThread - multi-media discussion boards
- Zoom - online meetings
Note: You are welcome to use other apps in your classroom. However, be aware that support does not exist on campus for those apps.
Other instructional technologies
Some companies include support services in their fees, meaning the company provides support. Our team can answer basic questions about how that technology integrates into D2L.
Supported by Other Teams
These technologies aren't integrated into D2L (we have no admin access to them) or they live on a server or in classrooms we can't access:
- Adobe Suite - Acrobat, Creative Cloud, Sign, Spark, Stock, etc.
- Classroom audiovisual equipment - computers, installed software, microphones, projectors, etc.
- Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals - Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Hangouts, Forms
- Inclusive Access eTexts
- Library Tools
- Microsoft Office 365 - Word, SharePoint, Teams, etc.
- Personal computers & devices
Note: Some colleges and departments purchase additional software. For help, contact your unit's IT department.
These technologies are being piloted. All troubleshooting questions should be directed to the pilot facilitator. To join a pilot, complete the Pilot Request Form.